For any aspiring music producer, having your own collection of unique samples is pretty much essential if you want to make your own signature tracks. Anyone can pick up a load of sample packs and throw a bunch of sounds together. And if you mess around with the original audio enough you can create something which is yours anyway, but you’re still quite limited if the sound has already been processed.
Therefore, we’re going to review some of the best mobile field recorders which you can take and use anywhere with you to instantly record any interesting sounds or crazy noises you might hear. Pretty soon you’ll have a huge bank of samples which are entirely yours, and yours alone.
How Should You Choose
Luckily there’s not too many features on a field recorder which is enough to set them apart from each other drastically, however, regardless of whether you’ll be using it to capture samples, or use in interviews, you’ll definitely want to make sure it is:
- Lightweight – You don’t want to carry a brick around everywhere with you. Make sure it’s small and light so it will easily fit in your pocket and not weigh you down too much.
- Durable- It’s also best to go for something quite rugged with a thick outer casing incase you drop it on the floor every once in a while. Trust us, it happens!
- Affordable – Know how we just said you might drop it occasionally? Well this is why we don’t tend to recommend going for something too expensive. It’s unnecessary… plus as long as it records in 24-bit and has a minimum frequency of 48kHz, you’ll get an optimum quality.
There are other handheld recorders on the market which are equally as good as the ones above, if not better. Saying that, it’s important to realize you don’t need to spend much on these recorders unless you want to pay for a bunch of useless functions you’ll probably never use. If you want something suitable for interviews and capturing notes in lectures – Sony’s ICDUX560 will easily cover your needs, whereas, if you’re looking for something with editing features and more professional looking, Roland’s R-05 could be a more suitable pick.
Related searches for The Best Field Recorders for Capturing Sou…
- best field recorder 2021
- best field recorder for filmmakers
- best audio recorder for nature
- best handheld recorder for music
- best handheld audio recorder
- best handheld recorder
- portable field recorder
- best field mixer