Our #1 Rated
Even up close to a speaker, the recordings didn’t pick up any major interference or detectable distortion
One of the best in terms of battery life, and you can capture thousands of high-quality sounds with the included 4GB memory card.
The on-site interface is fantastic and enables you to capture high-quality sounds thanks to the built-in mics with phantom power.
Transferring the files to our PC was super quick which meant we could build up a big library of quality sounds easily.
It’s safe to say we weren’t disappointed when it came to the exceptional brightness and color clarity that this model offers.
For any aspiring music producer, having your own collection of unique samples is pretty much essential if you want to make your own signature tracks. Anyone can pick up a load of sample packs and throw a bunch of sounds together. And if you mess around with the original audio enough you can create something which is yours anyway, but you’re still quite limited if the sound has already been processed.
Therefore, we’re going to review some of the best mobile field recorders which you can take and use anywhere with you to instantly record any interesting sounds or crazy noises you might hear. Pretty soon you’ll have a huge bank of samples which are entirely yours, and yours alone.
In this article, we’re going to review the following Recorders for capturing sounds:
Roland R-05 Studio Recorder
Yamaha PR7 Pocket Recorder
Zoom H4N PRO Digital Recorder
How Should You Choose
Luckily there’s not too many features on a field recorder which is enough to set them apart from each other drastically, however, regardless of whether you’ll be using it to capture samples, or use in interviews, you’ll definitely want to make sure it is:
- Lightweight – You don’t want to carry a brick around everywhere with you. Make sure it’s small and light so it will easily fit in your pocket and not weigh you down too much.
- Durable- It’s also best to go for something quite rugged with a thick outer casing incase you drop it on the floor every once in a while. Trust us, it happens!
- Affordable – Know how we just said you might drop it occasionally? Well this is why we don’t tend to recommend going for something too expensive. It’s unnecessary… plus as long as it records in 24-bit and has a minimum frequency of 48kHz, you’ll get an optimum quality.
There are other handheld recorders on the market which are equally as good as the ones above, if not better. Saying that, it’s important to realize you don’t need to spend much on these recorders unless you want to pay for a bunch of useless functions you’ll probably never use. If you want something suitable for interviews and capturing notes in lectures – Sony’s ICDUX560 will easily cover your needs, whereas, if you’re looking for something with editing features and more professional looking, Roland’s R-05 could be a more suitable pick.
Other People Also Search For
The 8 best field recorders 2022: top portable recorders …
The 5 Best Field Recorders 2021: Top Portable Recorders …
The 13 Best Field Recorders for Portable Recording | LANDR …
Best Handheld Field Recorder for Nature Sounds (Self-Noise …
The Best Zoom Recorders For Field Recording – Music Gateway
8 Best Field Recorders For Filming | Musician Nerd
What Is the Best Audio Recorder for Capturing Quality …
Choosing a sound recorder for nature recording: the …
Related searches for The Best Field Recorders for Capturing Sou…
- best field recorder 2021
- best field recorder for filmmakers
- best audio recorder for nature
- best handheld recorder for music
- best handheld audio recorder
- best handheld recorder
- portable field recorder
- best field mixer