There are multiple reasons to have an outdoor projector in your life. Not only are they useful in business meetings and seminars, they’re also great for adding visual effects at parties, and work incredibly well with home theatre systems.
If a projector is something you’ve been thinking about purchasing, we’ll presume it’s for at least one of the above uses. So, we decided to put together a detailed roundup of some of the best outdoor projectors we’ve tried out in the last 6 months.
They range in price, functionality and size – which are all important things to consider when you’re thinking about buying!
How Should You Choose
These are some other qualities you might want to think about before investing in your outdoor projector:
- Lumens (lm) – This is the light output in your projector which determines how vibrant the brightness and colors are. You’ll need a minimum of 1500 ANSI Lumens for a 100” screen.
- Brightness – You’re going to want something crisp with a good degree of brightness and color.
- Resolution – If you want to watch your new projector in 4k or HD, pixels are important. 3840 X 2160 is probably the best, but 800 x 480 will easily do the trick if you don’t want to spend too much.
- Throw Range – These babies can get pretty big, so make sure it’s an appropriate fit and distance away for wherever you plan to have it projected the most.
- Weight – If you’re going to be carting this thing around a lot, you’ll probably want something that’s easy to handle and not too heavy to transport.
- Sound – If you’re using your projector for a party you will probably use an external sound system.
When it comes to home theatre systems and visual audio, outdoor projectors open up a wide range of creative possibilities. They’re fantastic for games, 3D movies and viewing anything in HD, and after testing out the above – it’s easy to see why projectors are becoming the favored preference.